Broadly there are three types of automation. Business Process Automation, Robotic Process Automation and Intelligent Process Automation. If you want to learn more about Robotic Process Automation, read our previous article explaining that.
Automation and using bots to do some simple back-office tasks often seems like a scary thing for businesses, especially small- and mid-sized businesses. The biggest hurdle is the fear of that which we do not understand.
Automation comes in many forms and sizes. Automation can start with something as simple as deploying software bots to work behind the scenes or a smart automated software to perform a repetitive task within your business. Most businesses have already automated a lot of their work. Around 87% businesses globally have some form of automation or the other. The concern? Only 40% of them are doing it right.
The main apprehension around automation is the business size. Small, growing businesses, fear their investment in this space. What most businesses fail to see, however, is the time saved, availability of manpower to be better deployed, and accuracy delivered, by these systems. If you think your business is too small for automation, talk to us. We can show you what you can gain from automation.
No matter the business size, you can automate anywhere between 10 – 40% of your existing business easily. And going by that metric alone, you are gaining so much efficiency.
Let’s talk the key benefits of Automation. By adopting some sort of automation via software, or bots or RPA (robotic process automation), small- and mid-sized businesses can see a significant positive change in overall business ROI. The direct impact these have on business are:
- Time savings, freeing up time for employees to take up other, more creative and meaningful tasks.
- Improved consistency and accuracy of work. With little human oversight, the bots can do exactly what humans do in these repetitive tasks, as well as the humans do it.
- Better data management. Automation also creates better, uniform systems of data management that require little or no human intervention.
- Fiscal savings, freeing up capital to be utilized in more meaningful ways by the business. This is especially relevant for small-/mid-sized businesses.
- As all of these factors improve, there is a proven upswing in employee satisfaction as they start enjoying the more involved jobs in the enterprise.
- And the most important factor, customer satisfaction and retention. Your partners, customers will be happier with the more efficient, easy processes to work with you.
With all these benefits, it is difficult to not vote in favor of automation. The next question that small businesses have, is how to effectively implement automation and where to start?
It seems daunting and complicated, but it is not. With the right people by your side, automation can be integrated into your processes very easily. You as a business owner need to find the parts of your business that need automation. We can address these together with our intelligent process discovery tool, Disqover, that helps identify business process bottlenecks that can be automated within your enterprise. With automation, there is no one size fits all approach. Automation will always need to be custom made to fit the needs and scale of your business.
We are a boutique firm that enables you to implement an automation ecosystem successfully, guiding your business every step of the way. Reach out to us and schedule a discovery call to learn more about RPA and intelligent document processing for your business.